PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL AUXILIARY - AN INTRODUCTION
The first meeting of the PECMH Women's Auxiliary was held in Picton on October 27, 1934, the result of an amalgamation of a number of County Women's Institutes, which had supported the hospital from its beginnings in 1918. Eighty-five years later (2019), the PECMH Auxiliary is open to both men and women and has become a significant part of our health care community.
Led and staffed entirely by volunteers, the Auxiliary functions both within the hospital and in the larger community. In-Hospital Services target both patients and visitors to our hospital. Our Community Services reach out to everyone, from our young people through to the Student Awards Program and to Seniors through our Meals on Wheels resource.
Fundraising endeavours such as the Coffee Shop, the Second Time Around Shop (S.T.A.S.) and the Festival of Trees raise money for special projects, patient support and much needed technical equipment for the hospital.
Our Auxiliary always welcomes new volunteers and there are numerous opportunities for our volunteers to share their time and skills in many different capacities.
Visit our VOLUNTEER PAGE for more information and find out how you can get involved with our services inside and outside the hospital.
The original Picton Hospital - 1934
Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital - 2019